Sunday, November 9, 2008

Bits Found in the Bottom of My Pockets

Well, this is me. This is all you get when you come here. Just little bits of fuzz collected from the pockets I keep words in. From time to time you may find a poem I'm working on, a story idea that's percolating, or just a rant about something that has aggravated or inspired me. You may find me going on about music (I think I'm in love with Susan Tedeschi) or guitars (I'm crazy about my Guild but my Aerie [www.aerieguitars.com] is the coolest thing I've ever played) or complaining about how my writing projects are going or about what's happening in the Fort Worth Diocese of the Episcopal Church or politics or the idiot who cut me off on the freeway last night or, I don't know, the number of slices of bread you get in a loaf.

Perhaps, occasionally, we'll get to something serious. Don't hold your breath. I hope to get an occasional response from someone even if it scorches a little. I'm a writer, for me that means communication, contact with someone who read what I wrote. That's the joy of doing book signings or poetry readings, meeting folks who are interested in what you do. I'm hoping for a similar experience here. I would love to get discussions started about writing, Ted Kooser, blues, Susan Tedeschi, Episcopal Church polity, guitars, bread slices or something that hasn't occurred to me yet.

1 comment:

Annie said...

If you write, they'll come! You can't tell that from my present blog since I'm not writing regularly, but my old blog had a good following. I was in a real religious mood in those days and I wrote a lot of spiritual stuff.

I love the title of your blog, btw.

Annie